Wednesday 25 June 2014

Squad Training - club - main star

Swimming - Squad Training

This term I moved from after school swimming lessons to Squad Training.
My training is on a Monday at 4.45 for 45 minutes.

The first two weeks of Term 2, the pool was closed for repairs so there was no training.
The third week our class went on camp - so I missed that session.

Week 4
My first week at training. I met my coach - his name is Rhys.
We did lots of lengths of swimming. We did freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke.
At the end of the session we did diving and underwater activities.

Week 5
... Queens birthday  - so no sessions for us.

Week 6
This week we did lots of warm-up lengths. We also did dolphin kicks. A dolphin kick is where you keep your hands joint together and pointing in front of you. Your body wiggles like a dolphin and you keep your feet together and make them kick at the same time. I'm not very good at this but I am trying very hard.

Week 7
Here is todays training schedule.

 
When we had nearly finished we practiced our diving and were trying to work out how deep we needed to dive to get the fartherest away from the flags.
 

Week 8
This week we did the same as last week for our warm up lengths.
There was only me and another girl there so we had lots of fun together.
We practiced tumble-turns and diving too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.