Monday 4 August 2014

javelin throw narrative by Mackenzie H


javelin throw narrative by Mackenzie H
WALT: use adjectives and to complete a piece of writing QUICKLY 

Today i got up at 8:00 am and said, “Today is the most important day because it is the final event for the commonwealth games.” I said. “The event is javelin throw, great because I am really good at throwing.” My peaceful mum and busy dad wished me good luck in the javelin throw event. 4 hours later I got where they held the event in Christchurch and found out who i was against. “OMG!” I said as i was against the tallest the strongest man I have ever seen in my life, Angus Oliver, but it was a good thing that I was fully trained for this even though I was smaller then him but I was a little bit nervous. “Let the event BEGIN!” the event starter said. I went first, then I got the javelin ready to throw, I ran, I threw and i got to the 60 meter mark. Then it was his turn and he got the 60 meter mark so we had to do it again, this time we both got 70 meters. “The final attempt to win.” said the event starter. I did it and got 80 meters. He did it and got… We were waiting for the score. It was 79.99 meters. “OMG YES!!!” I said. “MACKENZIE WINS!” said the event starter. It felt great to stand in 1st place. When I returned home with my gold mettle my mum and dad were so proud of me!


The end!


2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie, this peaceful Mum (peaceful because you are already in bed and asleep!) says you have written a fantastic story. How would you feel if you won a gold medal .. I think I would be so happy I would cry! And you know we are proud of you as long as you always try your best <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mackenzie that was great! How far did you throw?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.